5th November 2021 – 4 Nights
Be captivated by the beauty of the breath-taking Lake District, from our base in the quiet seaside retreat of Grange – over – Sands, we will enjoy a scenic drive through the Lake District.
- Coach Travel
- 4 nights Dinner, Bed & Breakfast accommodation in Grange over Sands
- Jumbo Quiz
- Scenic Drive over the Kirkstone Pass
- Explore the lively Town of Keswick
- Trip to historic Lancaster
- Visit the Town of Kendal
Grasmere, Keswick & Kirkstone Pass
Enjoy a full day scenic tour travelling over the Kirkstone Pass – the highest road in the Lake District to Glenridding from here we continue to the Town of Keswick, on the return journey we will have a short stop at the village of Grasmere before returning to the hotel to enjoy a traditional Christmas Dinner with all the trimmings.
Enjoy an excursion to the historic town of Lancaster which offers a daily market. St George’s Quay and its Custom house on the River Lune offer a reminder that Lancaster was once a busy port handling more tonnage than Liverpool.
Today we enjoy a short drive to the town of Kendal where you can visit the ruins of Kendal Castle, or enjoy Kendal museum or browse the shops before we return back to the hotel.
Cumbria Grand Hotel, Grange-Over-Sands 3*
Built in 1880, the hotel is set in 20 acres of private gardens and woodlands, overlooking Morcambe Bay.
- En-suite bedrooms
- Tea, Coffee making facilities
- Indoor snooker table, Table tennis and Dart board
- Outdoor garden area with tennis court, putting green and woodland walks